Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Review
If you work as a music composer, in a broadcasting station or post production, the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO headphones delivers exceptional sound with rich and deep bass response without feeling that the high frequencies are suppressed, offering a frequency response rage from 5 Hz to 35 KHz quality. Thanks to the low mass coil and diaphragm assembly that permits to deliver a transient response equal to the one coming from electrostatic earphones. These headphones are not different from the previously reviewed and owned Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO except for the closed design that offers a higher bassresponse as per frequency response curves, please check and compare the below. The price is quite like the 990 pro and these DT770 also are on sale on Amazon.
Beyerdynamic is one of the oldest and most famous brands in headphones, and they are made in Germany, the company was founded in Berlin in 1924.
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Features:
- You can pickup the midrange easily
- Bass boost as per above graph (red line ), and this is due to the closed diffuse-field systems “Bass reflex” technology for improved bass response.
- Closed design not opened as for the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
- Non detachable cable.
- Single-sided cable
- Soft ear cushions
- Gold-plated jack plug 3.5 mm and 6.35 mm adapter
- They can be used with appropriate headphone amplifier as they have a high impedance of 250 Ohms.
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO video review:
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Technical Specifications:
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Closed
- Frequency response: 5 – 35,000 Hz
- Nominal impedance acc. to IEC 60268-7: 250 ohm
- Nominal SPL acc. to IEC 60268-7: 96 dB
- Nominal THD acc. to IEC 60268-7: < 0.2%
- Power handling capacity acc. to IEC 60268-7: 100 mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural
- Ambient noise isolation: approx. 18 dB (A)
- Nominal headband pressure: approx. 3.5 N
- Weight without cable: 270 g
- Length and type of cable: 3 m / coiled cable
- Connection: Gold plated stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) and 1/4″ adapter (6.35 mm)
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Advantages with quotes from reviews on Amazon:
- Lightweight transducers that reproduce sound more efficiently than most cans
- The clarity and uniformity of sound is just amazing.
- The bass sounds *real* in these things.
- These headphones are very comfortable! You may forget you’re wearing them if you turn off your music for a few seconds
- For a small studio, getting a great mix is one of the hardest challenges. These headphones practically solve that problem
- If you just want to use these for gaming and listening to MP3s, you will be amazed at the quality theDT 770 delivers
- I’ve owned Sennheisers, Shures, etc. and these sound remarkable by comparison. They are really a dream to listen to.
- You can listen to music with relatively higher volume in crowded places like work or on planes, thanks to the 18 Db sound isolation feature due to the closed design.
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Disadvantages with quotes from reviews on Amazon
- The boomy bass just rubbed me the wrong way.
- The closed design makes the response not as smooth as in the opened cans, you can check this in the graph, the red graph has more peaks than in the blue graph and the smoother the curve is the more realistic the sound reproduction will be.
I hope this Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO review was informative and thanks to leave your comments below or share it with your friends.