Akg K701 Review
Akg K701 are the top of the line full size headphone, that provides sound clarity, fidelity and almost a flat response for audio spectrum, you can find this clear in the image showing the frequency response of this Akg K701 headphone below for more clarifications and details.
Let us analyze this graph first the vertical axes represents the SPL (sound pressure level) in Db (decibel) and the Horizontal axis the Frequency in (Hz), bottom line if this graph in blue color is almost as smooth as possible and around the 0 DB, it will be the most fidel (from fidelity) and you will listen to the music that the producer wanted you to listen to. The human hearing range is from 20Hz to 20 KHz; this is the most of humans, some of them are capable of course to hear beyond that frequency range.
These headphones provides reference grade audio performance for most audio professionals and music lovers.
AKG K701 features:
- Striking white plastic shell and self-adjusting full-leather headband
- Patented AKG Varimotion ultra-precision two-layer diaphragm
- Revolutionary flat-wire voice coil technology
- Bi-wiring, high-performance cable with 1/4″ jack plug
- Comfortable, specially shaped “3D-Form” ear pads
AKG K701 technical specifications:
- Cord Type: Straight Left-Side
- Coupler Size: Large
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 Years
- Cord Length: 10 ft. (3 m)
- Weight: 235 g (8.3 oz.)
- Sensitivity: 105 dB SPL/V
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Detachable Cable: No
- Connector Type: 1/4″ with 1/8″ adaptor
- Noise Cancelling: No
- Microphone: No
- Wireless: No
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Impedance @ 1kHz: 62 ohms
- Ear Coupler Type: Full-Size
- Headphone Type: Full Size
- Acoustic Seal: Open
Click on this link if you want to read more reviews
Here below is the Disadvantages and advantages of the famous AKG K701 headphones
AKG K701 disadvantages:
- Power hungry and need a headphone amplifier or computer sound card.
- Not for portables.
- Only comes in iPod white
AKG K701 advantages:
- Promised phenomenal imaging and instrument separation
- They are REALLY comfortable and never get warm due to the fabric on the earpads
- They feel so light on your head
- Outstanding mid-price headphone
- Good for various kinds of music